- (GMT -11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
- (GMT -10:00) Hawaii
- (GMT -08:00) Alaska
- (GMT -07:00) Pacific time: US & Canada
- (GMT -06:00) Mountain time: US & Canada
- (GMT -05:00) Central time: US & Canada, Mexico City
- (GMT -04:00) Eastern time: US & Canada, Bogota, Lima
- (GMT -03:00) Atlantic time: Canada, Caracas, La Paz
- (GMT -02:30) Newfoundland
- (GMT -03:00) Brazil, Buenos Aires, Georgetown
- (GMT -02:00) Mid-Atlantic
- (GMT +00:00) Azores, Cape Verde Islands
- (GMT +01:00) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca
- (GMT +02:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
- (GMT +03:00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg
- (GMT +04:30) Tehran
- (GMT +04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Baku, Tbilisi
- (GMT +04:30) Kabul
- (GMT +05:00) Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
- (GMT +05:30) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi
- (GMT +05:45) Kathmandu
- (GMT +06:00) Almaty, Dhaka, Colombo
- (GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
- (GMT +08:00) Beijing, Perth, Singapore, Hong Kong
- (GMT +09:00) Tokyo, Seoul, Osaka, Sapporo, Yakutsk
- (GMT +09:30) Adelaide, Darwin
- (GMT +10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Vladivostok
- (GMT +11:00) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia
- (GMT +12:00) Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka
Hajj pilgrims walk around the Kaaba in Mecca
Millions of Muslims flock to Mecca for the Hajj, which starts at sunset on Sunday, August 19.
The Hajj sees Muslims from all over the world walk around the holiest place in the Islamic world, the Kaaba at the Masjid al-Haram Mosque.
Islamic scripture requires every able-bodied Muslim with the financial means to make the pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime.
Lavrov and Lebanese counterpart Gebran Bassil hold joint press conference following meeting
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Lebanese counterpart Gebran Bassil hold a joint press conference following their meeting in Moscow on Monday, 20 August.
The foreign ministers are expected to discuss the cooperation between their countries, the situation in Syria and issues related to Syrian refugees.
Closing arguments for Manafort trial: stakeout
Ruptly is live from outside the US District Courthouse in Alexandria on Monday, August 20, as closing arguments are made during the trial US President Donald Trump’s former campaign chief Paul Manafort.
A same-day verdict may be provided on whether the former Trump campaign chairman is guilty of any of the 18 counts he is facing regarding tax evasion and bank fraud.
The charges against the former Trump campaign aides include conspiracy against the US, conspiracy to launder money, acting as an unregistered foreign agent, as well as counts related to failing to file reports on foreign bank accounts.
After the closing arguments from both sides, the judge will hand the case to jurors for a final verdict.
Moscow’s Muslim community celebrate Eid al-Adha
Thousands of Muslims gather outside Moscow’s Cathedral Mosque on Tuesday, August 21 to celebrate Eid al-Adha.
Eid al-Adha, or the ‘Festival of the Sacrifice,’ is the second of two globally celebrated holidays in Islam, the other being Eid Al-Fitr, with the former honouring Ibrahim or Abraham's will to sacrifice his son to God before Jibra'il or Gabriel's intervention. Animals are often sacrificed during the holiday to remember Ibrahim's offering.
The Moscow mosque, also known as Moscow Jum'ah Mosque and formerly as the Moscow Central Mosque, was demolished six years ago and rebuilt to accommodate 10,000 people. Muslims make up roughly 14 percent of Russia's population.
Splat! World’s biggest food fight at Spain’s Tomatina festival
Live from Bunol as thousands of people attend the 72nd edition of "La Tomatina", a celebration that features a huge tomato-throwing battle on the village streets, on Wednesday, August 29.
Participants will pelt each other with up to 160 tonnes of tomatoes loaded in trucks that will drive around the city streets for an hour-long battle.
"La Tomatina" started in 1945, after a group of local youths brawled in the street during a folk festival, seizing tomatoes from a greengrocer's stall and throwing them at one another.