- (GMT -11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
- (GMT -10:00) Hawaii
- (GMT -09:00) Alaska
- (GMT -08:00) Pacific time: US & Canada
- (GMT -07:00) Mountain time: US & Canada
- (GMT -06:00) Central time: US & Canada, Mexico City
- (GMT -05:00) Eastern time: US & Canada, Bogota, Lima
- (GMT -04:00) Atlantic time: Canada, Caracas, La Paz
- (GMT -03:30) Newfoundland
- (GMT -03:00) Brazil, Buenos Aires, Georgetown
- (GMT -02:00) Mid-Atlantic
- (GMT -01:00) Azores, Cape Verde Islands
- (GMT +00:00) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca
- (GMT +01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
- (GMT +03:00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg
- (GMT +03:30) Tehran
- (GMT +04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Baku, Tbilisi
- (GMT +04:30) Kabul
- (GMT +05:00) Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
- (GMT +05:30) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi
- (GMT +05:45) Kathmandu
- (GMT +06:00) Almaty, Dhaka, Colombo
- (GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
- (GMT +08:00) Beijing, Perth, Singapore, Hong Kong
- (GMT +09:00) Tokyo, Seoul, Osaka, Sapporo, Yakutsk
- (GMT +10:30) Adelaide, Darwin
- (GMT +10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Vladivostok
- (GMT +11:00) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia
- (GMT +13:00) Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka
[TIME TBC] Anti-Macron demonstration at the Elysee
Further protests against the French president take place at the Elysee on Saturday, December 15.
Protests emerged spontaneously last month after Macron announced controversial hikes in fuel prices to encourage a transition towards greener energy. Earlier this week, in an effort to win back the people he announced he would raise the monthly minimum wage by €100 and cut hikes. Despite this the demonstrations continue.
Anti-government protest hits Brussels
A protest against the Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel takes place in Brussels on Saturday, December 15.
Hundreds were arrested last Saturday in Brussels in a protest inspired by the Yellow Vest movement, with demonstrations against the current government and the high cost of living leading to violent clashes with police.
[TIME TBC] Canelo and Rocky hold post-fight presser following WBA middleweight title bout
Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Rocky Fielding are speaking to the press in New York City on Saturday, December 15, following their World Boxing Association (WBA) Super Middleweight World Title fight at Madison Square Garden.
Banned protest against migration pact adoption takes place in Brussels
Anti-immigration protesters take to the streets of Brussels on Sunday, December 16, to decry the UN Migration Pact and its adoption by the Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel. The protest has been banned by the authorities of the Belgian capital, however organizers pledge to go ahead. A counter-protest is expected.
Michel’s agreement for the plan has created political backlash in Belgium, leading to a break in the ruling coalition and calls for anti-migration protests. The non-binding pact, signed by over 160 UN member states during a summit in Marrakesh on Monday, aims to better manage migration.
Egypt’s President Al-Sisi arrives in Vienna for official visit
Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi arrives at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna on Monday, December 17.
The Egyptian president, who is on a state visit to Austria, will be greeted by military honours in the company of President Dr. Alexander Van der Bellen.
During the visit, Al-Sisi will meet with Austria’s Chancellor Sebastian Kurz.
UEFA Champions League and Europa League knock-out stage draw: arrivals
The UEFA Champions League round of 16 and UEFA Europa League round of 32 draw take place in Nyon on Monday, December 17.
The 16 teams who qualified from the Champions League group stage will play the first legs of the knock-out stage on 12/13 and 19/20 February 2019, with the return matches scheduled for 5/6 and 12/13 March 2019.
In the UEFA League, the 32 teams competing will have their first leg matches set to take place on 14 February 2019, with the second leg one week later.
Al-Sisi and Kurz hold joint press conference in Vienna
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi and Austria’s Chancellor Sebastian Kurz hold a joint press conference in Vienna on Monday, December 17. The press conference concludes the state visit by the Egyptian president to Austria.
[TIME TBC] UEFA Champions League and Europa League knock-out stage draw: mixed zone
Representatives of the European teams who qualified for both the UEFA Champions League round of 16 and UEFA Europa League round of 32 are speaking to the press at the mixed zone area in Nyon on Monday, December 17, following the knock-out stage draw.
First leg matches for the Champions League round of 16 are scheduled to take place on 12/13 and 19/20 February 2019 and the return matches on 5/6 and 12/13 March 2019.
First leg matches for the Europa League round of 32 are scheduled to take place on 14 February 2019 and the second leg one week later.
Putin holds annual press conference in Moscow
Russian President Vladimir Putin holds his annual press conference, attended by Russian and foreign media, in Moscow on Thursday, December 20. The event is set to be Putin’s 14th such press conference.
Last year, 1,640 Russian and international journalists were accredited for the event, which ran in the format of a live question and answer session for 3 hours and 40 minutes.